Visiting Kota Kinabatangan
Visitors can enjoy all that Kota Kinabatangan has to offer including the rainforests and aquarium. In Kota Kinabatangan, there are 10 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Sandakan (SDK), 31.3 mi (50.4 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Lahad Datu (LDU), 36.2 mi (58.3 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Kota Kinabatangan
The picturesque setting of Kinabatangan Wildlife Sanctuary and Tabin Wildlife Reserve exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you'll find Gomantong Caves in the area.
As you plan your trip to Kota Kinabatangan, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 10 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Sukau Greenview Bed & Breakfast - Hostel is 20.7 mi (33.3 km) from central Kota Kinabatangan. This 2-star bed & breakfast in Kota Kinabatangan features a restaurant and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Kinabatangan Sunshine Lodge is 14.4 mi (23.2 km) from the center of Kota Kinabatangan. This 2.5-star lodge in Kampung Bilit features free breakfast, a restaurant, and laundry facilities.
- Sukau Backpackers B&B is located 20.8 mi (33.4 km) from the heart of Kota Kinabatangan. This 3-star lodge in Kampung Bilit features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking.
Dressing for Kota Kinabatangan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 73°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- About 4.09 inches of rain falls on Kota Kinabatangan each year
- Hottest months are usually March and December with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are November and March with an average of 73°F