Visitors can enjoy all that Lakewood has to offer including the hockey games, beaches, and glaciers. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its restaurants. Knott's Berry Farm, RMS Queen Mary, and Citadel Outlets are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2709 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Long Beach, CA (LGB-Long Beach Municipal), 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fullerton, CA (FUL-Fullerton Municipal), 8.4 mi (13.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lakewood
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Knott's Berry Farm, RMS Queen Mary, and Citadel Outlets. In the area, you'll also find Disney California Adventure® Park and Disneyland®.
As you plan your vacation to Lakewood, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 353 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Charming Home Close to Disneyland and Beaches is located 0.8 mi (1.2 km) from the heart of Lakewood. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Anaheim can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel is 11.6 mi (18.7 km) from the center of Lakewood. This 4-star hotel in Los Angeles features 3 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
- Hilton Los Angeles Airport is 16.4 mi (26.3 km) from central Lakewood. This 4-star hotel in Anaheim features a full-service spa, 4 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its bar and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Huntington State Beach, located 17 mi (27.3 km) from the city center, and Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center, which is 6.9 mi/11.2 km away.
Dressing for Lakewood
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 46°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 79°F during the day and 45°F at night
- Lakewood gets about 11.54 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 46°F