Visitors to Leadville are sure to enjoy the mountain views and ski areas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, bars, and architecture. Top sights around the area include Copper Mountain Ski Resort and Breckenridge Ski Resort.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodations in Leadville
- The closest major airport is in Aspen, CO (ASE-Pitkin County), 30.6 mi (49.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Vail, CO (EGE-Eagle County Regional), 41.4 mi (66.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Leadville
Cultural venues in the city include National Mining Hall of Fame and Museum, Healy House Museum & Dexter Cabin, and Leadville Heritage Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Leadville Colorado & Southern Railroad and Temple Israel Synagogue and Museum. Top activities include hiking and skiing, while Ski Cooper is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Leadville. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Delaware Hotel - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and overall condition.
- Rodeway Inn - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Independence, 20 mi/32.2 km from the city center, and Copper Mountain Ski Resort, which is 17.4 mi/28 km away.
Dressing for Leadville
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 40°F during the day and 3°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 69°F, while the average at night is 15°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 71°F with nighttime averages of 27°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 55°F and nighttime averages of 4°F
- About 12.40 inches of rain falls on Leadville each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 68°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 4°F