Visitors can enjoy all that Lorain has to offer including the baseball games and lakeside setting. This city also attracts tourists with its rural and quaint setting. Top sights in the area include Quicken Loans Arena, Great Lakes Science Center, and FirstEnergy Stadium.
- You'll find 248 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cleveland
- The closest major airport is in Cleveland, OH (CLE-Hopkins Intl.), 18.2 mi (29.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cleveland, OH (BKL-Burke Lakefront), 26.7 mi (42.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lorain
The picturesque setting of Lakeview Park and Black River State Reservation exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Lorain Port Authority to your agenda.
As you make plans for a getaway to Lorain, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 21 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airport is 19.4 mi (31.2 km) from the center of Lorain. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Middleburg Heights can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Our customers like its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
- Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport-Middleburg Heights is located 19.5 mi (31.3 km) from the heart of Lorain. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Middleburg Heights can enjoy access to free parking and conference space, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its quiet location and quiet rooms.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland - Airport North is 19.8 mi (31.8 km) from central Lorain. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Cleveland can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and quiet location.
Dressing for Lorain
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 55°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 21°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 22°F as the nighttime average
- Lorain gets about 39.57 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°F