Visiting Los Osos
Visitors to Los Osos are sure to enjoy the golf courses and seaside. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its forests. Morro Bay State Park, Morro Rock, and Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 740 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Luis Obispo
- The closest major airport is in San Luis Obispo, CA (SBP-San Luis Obispo County Regional), 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Maria, CA (SMX-Santa Maria Public), 34.5 mi (55.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Los Osos
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Los Osos Oaks State Reserve, Morro Coast Audubon Society Sweet Springs Nature Preserve, and Elfin Forest Preserve. Golfing is just one of the top activities, while Valencia Peak Trail and Bluff Trail are sights to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Montana De Oro State Park to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Los Osos. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Back Bay Inn - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Baywood Park can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Sea Pines Resort - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this resort. With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Morro Bay State Park, located 3.9 mi (6.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Morro Rock, which is 5.9 mi/9.5 km away.
Dressing for Los Osos
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 37°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 82°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Los Osos gets about 0.43 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 38°F