Visitors can enjoy all that Lufkin has to offer including the baseball games, festivals, and university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's zoo, forests, and theaters.
- You'll find 32 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Nacogdoches
- The closest major airport is in Nacogdoches, TX (OCH-A L Mangham Jr. Regional), 16.5 mi (26.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lufkin
Cultural venues in the city include Pines Theater, Museum of East Texas, and Texas Forestry Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ellen Trout Zoo and Naranjo Museum of Natural History.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Lufkin. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sleep Inn Lufkin - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Best Western Plus Crown Colony Inn & Suites - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Mainstay Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
Dressing for Lufkin
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 75°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 38°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 95°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- Lufkin gets about 48.94 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 93°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 39°F