Families will find kid-friendly activities in Nacogdoches, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting, sporting events, and shopping.
- There are 34 hotels and other accommodations in Nacogdoches
- The closest major airport is in Nacogdoches, TX (OCH-A L Mangham Jr. Regional), 3.3 mi (5.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Longview, TX (GGG-East Texas Regional), 54.3 mi (87.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Nacogdoches
Cultural venues in the city include Durst-Taylor Historic House and Gardens, Old University Building, and Pines Theater. Notable city landmarks like Nacogdoches Railroad Depot and Sterne-Hoya House Museum and Library might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Pecan Acres Park, Davy Crockett National Forest, and Sam Rayburn Reservoir.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Nacogdoches. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sleep Inn Lufkin - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- The Fredonia Hotel and Convention Center - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and dining options at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, 2 restaurants, and free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Nacogdoches - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Nacogdoches
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 73°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 95°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Nacogdoches is 49.28 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 94°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 37°F