Visiting Mai Khao
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Mai Khao, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Relaxing and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its spas. Top sights around the area include Patong Beach, Phuket Fantasea, and Bangla Road.
- You'll find 2943 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Phuket
- The closest major airport is in Phuket (HKT-Phuket Intl.), 3 mi (4.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mai Khao
The city's beaches and sunsets provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Mai Khao Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Yacht Haven Marina and Turtle Village.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 43 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Mai Khao. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Marriott's Phuket Beach Club - With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its bar and comfortable rooms.
- Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas - Our customers love the pool and quiet location at this villa. This 5-star villa features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- Marriott's Mai Khao Beach - Phuket - With a stay at this 4-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 3 restaurants, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers love its proximity to public transit and room size.
Popular places to see outside the city include Patong Beach, located 17.5 mi (28.1 km) from the city center, and Phuket Fantasea, which is 13.4 mi (21.5 km) away.
Dressing for Mai Khao
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 93°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 93°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Mai Khao is 2.91 inches
- March and February are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 72°F