Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Kamala, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Relaxing and culturally-rich, this city also attracts tourists with its seafood restaurants. Patong Beach, Phuket Fantasea, and Bangla Road are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2943 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Phuket
- The closest major airport is in Phuket (HKT-Phuket Intl.), 11.2 mi (18 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kamala
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Kamala Beach and Hua Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Phuket Fantasea and Tsunami Memorial.
In Kamala, you'll find 165 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Andara Resort Villas - With a stay at this 5-star villa, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its dining options and spacious, comfortable rooms.
- Naka Resort - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this resort. With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- The Mareeya Place - With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to free valet parking and concierge services, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Patong Beach, located 3.5 mi (5.7 km) from the city center, and Bangla Road, which is 3.7 mi/6 km away.
Dressing for Kamala
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 93°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 93°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Kamala gets about 2.91 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually March and February with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 72°F