Travelers to Marengo will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 38 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Cedar Rapids, IA (CID-Eastern Iowa), 21 mi (33.9 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Marengo
Places to visit in the larger region include Tanger Outlets, Amana Heritage Museum, and Amana Colonies. You'll also find Lake Iowa Park and Millstream Brewery in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Marengo, you might not find accommodations in the heart of city, but you can select from 38 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Sudbury Court Motel and RV Park is 1.4 mi (2.2 km) from the center of Marengo. Guests who stay at this 2-star motel in Marengo can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with free WiFi.
- Ramada Cedar Rapids is located 23.8 mi (38.3 km) from the heart of Marengo. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Cedar Rapids can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hometown Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids is 24 mi (38.6 km) from central Marengo. This 2.5-star hotel in Cedar Rapids features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
Dressing for Marengo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 11°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 11°F as the nighttime average
- About 34.57 inches of rain falls on Marengo each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 14°F