Visiting Cedar Rapids
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Cedar Rapids, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, entertainment choices, and shopping. Top sights in the city include Paramount Theatre, US Cellular Center, and Rockwell Collins.
- You'll find 120 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cedar Rapids - Iowa City
- The closest major airport is in Cedar Rapids, IA (CID-Eastern Iowa), 6.4 mi (10.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cedar Rapids
The city is well known for its live music and theaters, and cultural venues include Paramount Theatre, Cedar Rapids Museum of Art, and African American Museum of Iowa. Notable city landmarks like Czech Village and Ushers Ferry Historic Village might be worth a visit. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Westdale Mall and Lindale Mall.
In Cedar Rapids, you'll be able to select from 50 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Hotel at Kirkwood Center - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Residence Inn Cedar Rapids South - Our customers like the pool and proximity to the airport at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in Southwest Cedar Rapids features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Residence Inn Cedar Rapids - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Other top sights in Cedar Rapids include US Cellular Center and Rockwell Collins.
Dressing for Cedar Rapids
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 11°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 11°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Cedar Rapids is 34.61 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 14°F