Visiting Iowa City
Travelers to Iowa City give high marks for the college vibe, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, sporting events, and entertainment choices.
- You'll find 107 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cedar Rapids - Iowa City
- The closest major airport is in Cedar Rapids, IA (CID-Eastern Iowa), 18 mi (28.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Iowa City
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like Old Capitol Museum and Iowa Museum of Natural History. Football fans will find lots to cheer about, while everyone can enjoy an event or game at Kinnick Stadium or Carver-Hawkeye Arena. The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of Iowa is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Iowa City. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Brown Street Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Hilton Garden Inn Iowa City Downtown University - Our customers like the dining options and room size at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Iowa City/University Area - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
Dressing for Iowa City
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 14°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 15°F as the nighttime average
- About 37.64 inches of rain falls on Iowa City each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F