Families will find kid-friendly activities in Maroochydore, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and shopping. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its spas. A top sight in the area is Australia Zoo.
- There are 56 hotels and other accommodations in Maroochydore
- The closest major airport is in Maroochydore, QLD (MCY-Sunshine Coast), 3.4 mi (5.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Maroochydore
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Maroochydore Beach. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Sunshine Plaza is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you'll find Australia Zoo in the area.
In Maroochydore, you'll be able to select from 56 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Beach on Sixth - This 3.5-star apartment features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia travelers love its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Silver Sea On Sixth Resort - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this apartment. This 5-star apartment features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking.
- Waves Maroochy River - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Maroochydore
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 69°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 75°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 81°F and nighttime averages of 63°F
- Average annual rainfall for Maroochydore is 37.91 inches
- Usually December and January are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 57°F