Visitors to Montepulciano are sure to enjoy the wineries and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals and cafés. Tenuta Valdipiatta, Pienza Cathedral, and Palazzo Piccolomini are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 157 hotels and other accommodations in Montepulciano
- The closest major airport is in Perugia (PEG-Sant Egidio), 36.2 mi (58.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Montepulciano
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Palazzo Avignonesi, Palazzo Cocconi, and Palazzo di Bucelli. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and Val di Chiana. Top activities include wine tasting and taking local tours, while Tenuta Valdipiatta, Cantina del Redi, and Consorzio del Vino Nobile di Montepulciano are favorite sights to visit.
In Montepulciano, you'll find 157 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Il Tosco - Amenities at this residence include free valet parking and free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- La Locanda di San Francesco - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this townhouse accommodation. Amenities at this townhouse accommodation include free breakfast and a restaurant.
- Montorio - Amenities at this apartment include free parking and an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers love its walkable location.
Top places to visit in the area include Pienza Cathedral, 5.7 mi/9.1 km from the city center, and Palazzo Piccolomini, which is 5.7 mi/9.2 km away.
Getting Around Montepulciano
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Montepulciano Station. Montepulciano might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Montepulciano
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 76°F as the daytime average and 39°F as the nighttime average
- Montepulciano gets about 32.44 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F