History buffs will enjoy exploring Norwich, and visitors give high marks for the exciting football games and cathedral. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its theaters.
- There are 201 hotels and other accommodations in Norwich
- The closest major airport is in Norwich (NWI-Norwich Intl.), 2.9 mi (4.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Norwich
Its historic sites and cathedral are notable and landmarks include Norwich Castle, Norwich Guildhall, and St Peter Mancroft. The city's natural beauty is on display at Strangers Hall Garden, Chapelfield Gardens, and Norwich Riverside Walk. Football fans will find lots to cheer about, while everyone can enjoy an event or game at Carrow Road, UEA Sportspark, or Snetterton Race Circuit.
In Norwich, there are 201 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Green House B&B - With a stay at this 5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room iPod dock. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its clean rooms and surrounding nightlife.
- Fishergate Apartments - Our customers love the convenient parking and quiet location at this apartment. This 4-star apartment features free WiFi, a free airport shuttle, and parking.
- The Durdans - Amenities at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast include free parking and a bar. Expedia customers like its beach locale and comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Norwich
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Norwich Station, Salhouse Station, or Brundall Gardens Station. Norwich might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Norwich
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 74°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 62°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- About 0.87 inches of rain falls on Norwich each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas December and February are often coldest, averaging 37°F