Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Oakhurst, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, beautiful parks, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafés. A top sight in the area is Mariposa Grove.
- There are 56 hotels and other accommodations in Oakhurst
- The closest major airport is in Mariposa, CA (RMY-Mariposa-Yosemite), 24.3 mi (39.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fresno, CA (FAT-Fresno Yosemite Intl.), 39 mi (62.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oakhurst
The city's cultural venues include Children's Museum of the Sierra and Golden Chain Theater. The hiking trails, parks, and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty, and Fresno Flats Historical Park, Nelder Grove Trail, and Sierra National Forest are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad and Rainbow Falls.
In Oakhurst, there are 56 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Yosemite Sierra View - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its clean, comfortable rooms and room size.
- Yosemite Scenic Wonders - Bass Lake Area - Our customers like the WiFi and proximity to shopping at this cabin. With a stay at this 4-star cabin, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a game room, along with an in-room kitchen.
- A Haven of Rest Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and WiFi.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Glacier Point, located 27.7 mi (44.6 km) from the city center, and Half Dome, which is 29.5 mi/47.5 km away.
Dressing for Oakhurst
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 37°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 93°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 97°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Oakhurst is 29.53 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 95°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 38°F