Travelers to Ogunquit give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic and walkable setting. A top sight in the area is Fort Constitution Historical Site.
- You'll find 235 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Ogunquit - Wells
- The closest major airport is in Sanford, ME (SFM-Sanford Seacoast Regional), 11.9 mi (19.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Portsmouth, NH (PSM-Portsmouth Intl.), 15.9 mi (25.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ogunquit
Cultural venues in the city include Leavitt Fine Arts Theatre, Ogunquit Playhouse, and Ogunquit Museum of American Art. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Marginal Way, Perkins Cove, and Footbridge Beach. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Blacksmiths Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Ogunquit, you'll be able to select from 68 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Bourne Bed and Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- Moon Over Maine - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hartwell House Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Fort Constitution Historical Site, located 13.5 mi (21.7 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Ogunquit
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 14°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 17°F at night
- Ogunquit gets about 50.91 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 17°F