Families will find kid-friendly activities in Painesville, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its wineries and golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Harpersfield Covered Bridge, Geneva State Park, and Old Firehouse Winery.
- You'll find 70 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Austinburg
- The closest major airport is in Cleveland, OH (CGF-Cuyahoga County), 17.6 mi (28.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cleveland, OH (BKL-Burke Lakefront), 27.5 mi (44.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Painesville
The picturesque setting of Fairport Harbor Lakefront Park Beach and Headlands Beach State Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. Top activities include wine tasting and golfing, while Little Mountain Country Club is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lake County History Center and Lake Erie College.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Painesville. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Steele Mansion - With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Comfort Inn - Our customers like the pool and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Quail Hollow Resort Trademark Collection by Wyndham - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall condition and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to see outside the city include Harpersfield Covered Bridge, located 14.3 mi (23 km) from the heart of the city, and Geneva State Park, which is 15.9 mi (25.6 km) away.
Dressing for Painesville
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 17°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 21°F
- Average annual rainfall for Painesville is 1.65 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 20°F