Visiting Parry Sound
Visitors are sure to enjoy all Parry Sound has to offer including its boating. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfront, parks, and golf courses. A top sight in the city is Lake Huron.
- There are 55 hotels and other accommodations in Parry Sound
- The closest major airport is in Muskoka, ON (YQA), 43.9 mi (70.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Parry Sound
Cultural venues in the city include Charles W Stockey Centre for the Performing Arts, West Parry Sound District Museum, and The Museum on Tower Hill. The city's natural beauty is on display at Lake Huron, Massasauga Provincial Park, and Lake Joseph. Boating is just one of the top activities, while Seguin Valley Golf Club and Ridge at Manitou are sights to visit.
In Parry Sound, there are 55 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Rocky Crest Golf Resort - This 4-star resort features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a private beach. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Town and Country Motel - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this motel. With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Grand Tappattoo Resort - With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Getting Around Parry Sound
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Parry Sound Station. Parry Sound might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Parry Sound
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 42°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 1°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 23°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 7°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Parry Sound is 37.74 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°F