Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jun 15, 2020
Reviewed on May 5, 2020
Reviewed on Jun 22, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 20, 2020
Reviewed on Jun 13, 2020
Visiting Phu Quoc Island
Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Phu Quoc Island, which is also known for its seafood restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its theme park. Top sights in the city include Phu Quoc Night Market, Phu Quoc Beach, and Ong Lang Beach.
- There are 396 hotels and other accommodations in Phu Quoc Island
- The closest major airport is in Phu Quoc (PQC-Phu Quoc Intl.), 5 mi (8.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sihanoukville (KOS), 33.4 mi (53.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Phu Quoc Island
Attractions like Vinpearl Land Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Safari, and Ham Ninh Fishing Village are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Dinh Ba Thuy-Long Thanh-Mau, Dinh Cau, and Ho Quoc Pagoda. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Phu Quoc Beach, Ong Lang Beach, and Phu Quoc National Park.
In Phu Quoc Island, there are 396 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Salinda Resort Phu Quoc Island - Guests who stay at this 5-star resort in Cửa Lấp can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and comfortable rooms.
- Rocks Beach Boutique Bungalows - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Dusit Princess Moonrise Beach Resort - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Cửa Lấp can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and proximity to the airport.
Other favorite sights in Phu Quoc Island include Phu Quoc Night Market, Vinpearl Golf Phu Quoc, and Sao Beach. One of the popular sights outside the city is Kep Beach, 27.6 mi/44.5 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Phu Quoc Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 78°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 86°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- Average annual rainfall for Phu Quoc Island is 2.68 inches
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 74°F