Travelers to Pitlochry give high marks for the entertainment choices and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and rural, this city will delight tourists with its theaters, shopping, and local tours.
- There are 64 hotels and other accommodations in Pitlochry
- The closest major airport is in Dundee (DND), 31.9 mi (51.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Edinburgh (EDI), 54.1 mi (87 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pitlochry
Well known for its theaters, the city's cultural venues include Pitlochry Festival Theatre, Bells Blair Athol Distillery, and Edradour Distillery. The hiking trails and countryside highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Black Spout Waterfall, Ben Vrackie, and Loch Tummel. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and The House of Bruar is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Pitlochry, there are 64 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Claymore Guest House - This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia travelers love its WiFi and room size.
- Benvrackie Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Ellangowan House B&B - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Pitlochry
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Pitlochry Station, Pitlochry Blair Atholl Station, or Pitlochry Rannoch Station. Pitlochry might not have very many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Pitlochry
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 48°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 63°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 65°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 56°F during the day and 35°F at night
- About 0.94 inches of rain falls on Pitlochry each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 63°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 34°F