Visiting Port of Spain
Travelers to Port of Spain give high marks for the bustling port and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this culturally-rich city can discover its entertainment choices, zoo, and shopping.
- There are 54 hotels and other accommodations in Port of Spain
- The closest major airport is in Port of Spain (POS-Piarco Intl.), 12 mi (19.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Port of Spain
The city's cultural venues include National Museum and Art Gallery and Queen's Hall. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Movietowne and Long Circular Mall. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Brian Lara Promenade and Holy Trinity Cathedral.
In Port of Spain, you'll find 54 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Culture Crossroads Inn - This 3-star guesthouse features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and clean, quiet rooms.
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad - Our customers like the central location at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- L'Orchidée Boutique Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and concierge services, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Port of Spain
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 90°F and the nighttime average to be 71°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- Port of Spain gets about 2.60 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 72°F