Visitors can enjoy all that Potosi has to offer including its museums. There are 69 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Dubuque, IA (DBQ-Dubuque Regional), 20.1 mi (32.4 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Potosi
A favorite place to visit in the city is National Brewery Museum. In the area, you'll also find Dickeyville Grotto and Eagle Point Park.
As you plan for your vacation to Potosi, you might not find an accommodation in the heart of city, but you can select from 69 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Tusen Takk: Place of a Thousand Thanks! is located 5.2 mi (8.3 km) from the heart of Potosi. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Galena can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
- Stoney Creek Inn Galena is 23.1 mi (37.2 km) from the center of Potosi. This 2.5-star hotel in Galena features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its pool and central location.
- Ramada by Wyndham Galena Hotel and Day Spa is 22 mi (35.4 km) from central Potosi. This 3.5-star hotel in Downtown Dubuque features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its central location and WiFi.
Dressing for Potosi
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 8°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 10°F
- About 37.83 inches of rain falls on Potosi each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 12°F