Families will find kid-friendly activities in Princeton, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights around the area include Winterplace Ski Resort and Jefferson National Forest.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodations in Princeton
- The closest major airport is in Beckley, WV (BKW-Raleigh County Memorial), 28.7 mi (46.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Princeton
The picturesque setting of Jefferson National Forest and Bluestone River exemplify the city's natural beauty. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Mercer Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Princeton Railroad Museum and Pinnacle Rock State Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Princeton. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Princeton - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Bluefield Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Hampton Inn Princeton - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
A popular place to see outside the city is Winterplace Ski Resort, 16 mi/25.8 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Princeton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 60°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 27°F as the nighttime average
- About 39.65 inches of rain falls on Princeton each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F