Visitors can enjoy all that Punxsutawney has to offer including the monuments, zoo, and coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its architecture.
- You'll find 40 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of DuBois
- The closest major airport is in DuBois, PA (DUJ-DuBois Regional), 17 mi (27.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Indiana, PA (IDI-Indiana County - Jimmy Stewart), 22.5 mi (36.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Punxsutawney
The city's cultural venues include Punxsutawney Weather Discovery Center and Punxsutawney Area Historical and Genealogical Society. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Barclay Square and Gobbler's Knob.
This is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Barclay Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Punxsutawney
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 16°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 64°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- About 43.19 inches of rain falls on Punxsutawney each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 18°F