Unfortunately, we were to stay at the hotel on March 13 and 14, but decided at the last minute to fly back to Canada as everything was getting worse with the Coronavirus. Byron at the hotel had been very responsive and there was someone there waiting to pick us up to take us to the hotel (for a fee). She waited while we made our decision to fly home. We were very sorry that we did not get to stay at the hotel or see Quito but based on Byron's communication with us and the effort they made, we will certainly stay there when we are able to get back to Ecuador.
Overview of Hotel La Basílica Quito
Choose dates to view prices
Standard Double Room, 1 Queen Bed, Non Smoking
Standard Double or Twin Room, Non Smoking
Family Room, Multiple Beds, Non Smoking
Superior Double Room, 1 King Bed, Non Smoking
About this area
Located in Quito's Quito Historic Center neighborhood, Hotel La Basílica Quito is in the city center. Basilica of the National Vow and Independence Square are notable landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at El Panecillo. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at General Rumiñahui Coliseum or Atahualpa Olympic Stadium.
- Independence Square - 4 min walk
- Basilica of the National Vow - 5 min walk
- Catedral Metropolitana de Quito - 5 min walk
- Church of the Society of Jesus - 8 min walk
- San Francisco Church - 10 min walk
- Quito (UIO-Mariscal Sucre Intl.) - 50 min drive
About this property
Hotel La Basílica Quito
Food and drink
Special check-in instructions
Children and extra beds
Property payment types
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 30 per vehicle (one-way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: USD 30 (one-way)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available. Safety features at this property include a carbon monoxide detector, a fire extinguisher, a smoke detector, a security system, and a first aid kit.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property, and guests are provided with hand sanitizer.
- Personal protective equipment, including masks, will be available to guests.
- For traveler safety, the following measures are in place: social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; an acrylic shield is in place between staff and guests in main contact areas.
- Individually-wrapped food options are available for breakfast.
- Each guestroom is kept vacant for a minimum of 24 hours between bookings.
We should mention
Property is also known as
Frequently asked questions
- Liked: Cleanliness, staff & service, amenities, property conditions & facilities
Very friendly service with some good advice on the city's point of interest and where to eat.