Find Hotels in Riviera Maya
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $72
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Nov 20, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 24, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Nov 10, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 23, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 26, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 8, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 31, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 23, 2020
Where to stay in Riviera Maya
Tulum City Center
4/5Very Good!(451 area reviews)
Historic sites and bars are notable features of Tulum City Center. You might consider a stop by Dos Aguas Park while you're exploring the neighborhood.
4.5/5Wonderful!(115 area reviews)
If you're spending some time in Downtown, Playa del Carmen Main Beach and Mamitas Beach Club are top sights worth seeing.
4.5/5Wonderful!(474 area reviews)
Travelers to Centro praise its stunning beaches. If you've got some more time to explore, be sure to make a stop by Playa del Carmen Maritime Terminal and Playa del Carmen Main Beach.
Visiting Riviera Maya
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Riviera Maya, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and entertainment choices. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting. Top sights in the city include Akumal Beach, Xel-Há Park, and Xpu-ha Beach.
- There are 5928 hotels and other accommodations in Riviera Maya
- The closest major airport is in Cozumel, Quintana Roo (CZM-Cozumel Intl.), 31.4 mi (50.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cancun, Quintana Roo (CUN-Cancun Intl.), 54.6 mi (87.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Riviera Maya
Cultural venues in the city include CEDAM Museum, SFER IK, and 3D Museum of Wonders. Attractions like Xel-Há Park, Xcaret Eco Theme Park, and Xplor Theme Park are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Tulum Mayan Ruins, Coba Archaeological Site, and Central Square.
In Riviera Maya, you'll find 5928 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Encantada Tulum - This 4-star resort features a private beach, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and WiFi.
- Jashita Hotel - Our customers love the dining options and clean rooms at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a private beach, and free breakfast.
- Rosewood Mayakoba - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 6 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a private plunge pool. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Riviera Maya include Akumal Beach, Xpu-ha Beach, and Tulum National Park. Outside the city, popular places to see include Playa Mia Grand Beach and Water Park, located 25.1 mi (40.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Paradise Beach, which is 25.2 mi (40.6 km) away.
Dressing for Riviera Maya
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 86°F and the nighttime average to be 68°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 67°F at night
- About 45.07 inches of rain falls on Riviera Maya each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are December and February with an average of 68°F