Visiting Salt Spring Island
Visitors to Salt Spring Island are sure to enjoy the waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's local tours and festivals. A top sight in the area is Butchart Gardens.
- There are 38 hotels and other accommodations in Salt Spring Island
- The closest major airport is in Galiano Island, BC (YMF-Montague Harbour Seaplane Base), 7 mi (11.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mayne Island, BC (YAV-Miners Bay Seaplane Base), 8.9 mi (14.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Salt Spring Island
The city's cultural venues include Artspring Arts Center and Blue Horse Folk Art Gallery. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Cusheon Lake, Mount Maxwell Provincial Park, and Ruckle Provincial Park. Exploring the waterfront is one of the top activities, while Salt Spring Vineyards, Gary Oak Winery, and Garry Oaks Winery are favorite sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 38 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Salt Spring Island. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Stonehouse B&B - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Cusheon Lake Resort - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this cabin. This 3-star cabin features a private beach, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Cottages on Salt Spring Island - Amenities at this 3.5-star cottage include free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers love its helpful staff and WiFi.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Butchart Gardens, 17.3 mi/27.8 km from the city center.
Dressing for Salt Spring Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 34°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.26 inches of rain falls on Salt Spring Island each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F