Travelers give high marks for the seaside in Sidney, which is also known for its gardens. Around the area, top sights include Butchart Gardens, Fisgard Lighthouse, and British Columbia Parliament Building.
- You'll find 320 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Victoria
- The closest major airport is in Victoria, BC (YYJ-Victoria Intl.), 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bedwell Harbour, BC (YBW-Bedwell Harbour Seaplane Base), 10.3 mi (16.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sidney
The seaside and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Sidney Skatepark, Iroquois Park, and Brethour Park. Taking a ferry is one of the top activities, while Port Sidney Marina, Sidney-Washington State Ferry Terminal, and Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sidney Museum and Archives and Mary Winspear Centre.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Sidney. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Watermark Sunset Suite - Amenities in this 3.5-star condo include a kitchen, free WiFi, and a balcony. Expedia travelers love its convenient parking and proximity to shopping.
- Inlet Beach House Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Coles Bay Vacation Retreat - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free WiFi, free parking, and a free airport shuttle. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Butchart Gardens, located 6.7 mi (10.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Fisgard Lighthouse, which is 15.3 mi (24.5 km) away.
Dressing for Sidney
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 34°F at night
- Sidney gets about 1.26 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 34°F