Visiting Cowichan Bay
Visitors to Cowichan Bay are sure to enjoy the waterfront and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its wineries. A top sight in the area is Butchart Gardens.
- You'll find 44 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Duncan
- The closest major airport is in Galiano Island, BC (YMF-Montague Harbour Seaplane Base), 12.6 mi (20.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Victoria, BC (YYJ-Victoria Intl.), 13.5 mi (21.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cowichan Bay
Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Rocky Creek Winery is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cowichan Estuary Nature Centre and Cowichan Bay Maritime Centre.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Cowichan Bay. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Oceanfront Suites at Cowichan Bay - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and convenient parking.
- Wessex Inn By The Sea - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Duncan - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Butchart Gardens, 17.2 mi/27.7 km from the city center.
Dressing for Cowichan Bay
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 47°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 63°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 56°F as the daytime average and 28°F as the nighttime average
- Cowichan Bay gets about 1.34 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 65°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 29°F