Visitors can enjoy all that Semarang has to offer including the Chinatown and basketball games. This city also attracts tourists with its rich culture.
- There are 145 hotels and other accommodations in Semarang
- The closest major airport is in Semarang (SRG-Ahmad Yani Intl.), 2.4 mi (3.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Semarang
The city is notable for landmarks like Sam Poo Kong, Lawang Sewu, and Great Mosque of Central Java. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Simpang Lima Park and Ciputra Mall Semarang.
In Semarang, you'll find 145 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Chanti - Our customers like the pool and room size at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with a free stocked minibar.
- Louis Kienne Hotel Pandanaran - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and central location.
Dressing for Semarang
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 75°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 93°F during the day and 73°F at night
- About 51.22 inches of rain falls on Semarang each year
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 93°F, while the coldest months are September and August with an average of 73°F