Travelers to Silverthorne give high marks for the ski areas and magnificent mountain views. This city also attracts tourists with its riverfront. Keystone Ski Resort, Copper Mountain Ski Resort, and Breckenridge Ski Resort are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 297 hotels and other accommodations in Silverthorne
- The closest major airport is in Vail, CO (EGE-Eagle County Regional), 44.5 mi (71.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Broomfield, CO (BJC-Rocky Mountain Metropolitan), 54.6 mi (87.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Silverthorne
The mountain views, riverfront, and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Rainbow Park, Lily Pad Lake Trailhead, and Dillon Reservoir are worth a visit. Additionally, you might want to add Outlets at Silverthorne to your agenda.
In Silverthorne, you'll be able to select from 297 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Buffalo Ridge - Unit B104 - Located in Wildernest, this 3-star condo features a kitchen, a fireplace, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Our customers like the room size and overall condition at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Quality Inn & Suites Summit County - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Keystone Ski Resort, located 6.7 mi (10.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Copper Mountain Ski Resort, which is 10.1 mi (16.3 km) away.
Dressing for Silverthorne
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 40°F during the day and 3°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 69°F, while the average at night is 15°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 71°F with nighttime averages of 27°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 55°F and nighttime averages of 4°F
- About 12.40 inches of rain falls on Silverthorne each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 68°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 4°F