Visiting St Albans
Travelers to St Albans give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its local tours, cathedral, and shopping. Top sights around the area include Wembley Stadium, Natural History Museum, and Museum of London.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodations in St Albans
- The closest major airport is in London (LTN-Luton), 8.9 mi (14.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 20 mi (32.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in St Albans
A couple of favorite places to visit are Verulamium Museum and Hertfordshire County Showground. Additionally, in the area you'll find Wembley Stadium and Natural History Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in St Albans. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- St Michaels Manor Hotel - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Sopwell House - Our customers like the bar and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express St. Albans - M25, Jct.22 - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Museum of London, located 19.3 mi (31 km) from the city center, and Buckingham Palace, which is 19.3 mi/31 km away.
Getting Around St Albans
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from St Albans Abbey Station, St Albans City Station, or Park Street Station. St Albans may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for St Albans
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 31°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 68°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 32°F
- About 0.91 inches of rain falls on St Albans each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 67°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 32°F