Families will find kid-friendly activities in Summersville, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodations in Summersville
- The closest major airport is in Beckley, WV (BKW-Raleigh County Memorial), 39.2 mi (63.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lewisburg, WV (LWB-Greenbrier Valley), 39.7 mi (63.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Summersville
The city's natural beauty is on display at Summersville Lake, Nicholas County Veterans' Memorial Park, and Carnifex Ferry Battlefield State Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Nicholas Memorial Golf Course and Kirkwood Winery.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Summersville. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Quality Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- Sleep Inn Summersville - Our customers like the quiet location and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Summersville - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Summersville
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 24°F at night
- About 1.34 inches of rain falls on Summersville each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 24°F