Families will find kid-friendly activities in Charleston, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, casinos, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, theaters, and entertainment choices. A top sight in the city is Charleston Town Center.
- There are 46 hotels and other accommodations in Charleston
- The closest major airport is in Charleston, WV (CRW-Yeager), 2.5 mi (4.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Beckley, WV (BKW-Raleigh County Memorial), 48.1 mi (77.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Charleston
Known for its live music, theaters, and museums, the city's cultural venues include Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences, West Virginia State Museum, and Avampato Discovery Museum. Notable city landmarks like Blue Creek Chapel and Little Blue Creek Church might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Kanawha State Forest, Haddad Riverfront Park, and Ridenour Memorial Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 46 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Charleston. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Brass Pineapple Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Charleston - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free Internet.
- Sleep Inn & Suites Cross Lanes - South Charleston - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Other top sights in Charleston include Charleston Town Center.
Getting Around Charleston
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Charleston Station or Montgomery Station. Charleston may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Charleston
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 27°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Charleston is 44.03 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 28°F