Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on Jan 17, 2021
Reviewed on Jan 21, 2021
Reviewed on Sep 22, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jan 19, 2021
Reviewed on Dec 21, 2020
Reviewed on Dec 23, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 11, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 17, 2020
Travelers to Hico will find plenty to explore and enjoy. In Hico, there are 3 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Beckley, WV (BKW-Raleigh County Memorial), 25.6 mi (41.1 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Hico
Places to visit in the larger region include Carnifex Ferry Battlefield State Park, New River Gorge Bridge, and Hawks Nest State Park. You'll also find Summersville Lake and Nicholas County Veterans' Memorial Park in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Hico, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Country Road Cabins is located in the heart of Hico. This 3-star cabin in Hico features free WiFi and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location.
- Luxury Mountain Cabin on Meadow River Canyon - Near New River Gorge is 0.7 mi (1.1 km) from central Hico. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Summersville can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Luxury Mountain Cabin on Gauley Canyon - Near New River Gorge is 3.5 mi (5.6 km) from the center of Hico. This 2.5-star hotel in Summersville features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Hico
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 24°F at night
- About 1.34 inches of rain falls on Hico each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 24°F