Visitors can enjoy all that Taunton has to offer including the hockey games, riverfront, and parks. Around the area, top sights include Kennedy Plaza, Rhode Island State Capitol Building, and Roger Williams Park Zoo.
- There are 198 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in New Bedford, MA (EWB-New Bedford Regional), 18.1 mi (29.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Pawtucket, RI (SFZ-North Central State), 19.1 mi (30.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Taunton
The city's natural beauty is on display at Hopewell Park, Taunton Green, and Gertrude M. Boyden Wildlife Refuge. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Taunton Public Library and Bristol County Court House.
Below is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Taunton-Foxboro Area - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and beach locale.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Kennedy Plaza, located 16.1 mi (25.9 km) from the city center, and Rhode Island State Capitol Building, which is 16.1 mi (26 km) away.
Dressing for Taunton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- About 48.74 inches of rain falls on Taunton each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F