Travelers to Telluride give high marks for the ski areas and magnificent mountain views. Scenic and quaint, this city attracts tourists with its festivals and live music. A top sight in the city is Telluride Ski Resort.
- There are 1102 hotels and other accommodations in Telluride
- The closest major airport is in Telluride, CO (TEX-Telluride Regional), 5 mi (8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Montrose, CO (MTJ-Montrose Regional), 39.1 mi (63 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Telluride
The city is well known for its festivals and live music, and cultural venues include Sheridan Opera House, Palm Theatre, and Telluride Historical Museum. Notable city landmarks like Telluride Historic District and Rico Historic Courthouse might be worth a visit. The mountain views and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Bear Creek Trail, Town Park, and Blue Lakes Trail.
In Telluride, you'll be able to select from 1102 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Rico Mine Shaft Inn - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and conference space. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Inn at Lost Creek - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Camel's Garden Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Telluride include Telluride Ski Resort. A top sight in the surrounding area is Purgatory Resort, 21.2 mi/34.1 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Telluride
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 45°F during the day and 2°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 18°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 76°F with nighttime averages of 29°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 2°F
- Telluride gets about 23.39 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 74°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 4°F