Visitors can enjoy all that Turnhout has to offer including the theaters, museums, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its restaurants.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodations in Turnhout
- The closest major airport is in Eindhoven (EIN), 21.4 mi (34.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Antwerp (ANR-Antwerp Intl.), 23.2 mi (37.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Turnhout
Cultural venues in the city include Beguinage Museum, The Park, and Taxandria Museum. Notable city landmarks like Castle of the Dukes of Brabant and Architect Jozef Schellekens's House might be worth a visit. Additionally, you might want to add National Playing Card Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Turnhout. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- 'Resto & BnB' Cachet de Cire - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- B&B Svilla - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus Turnhout City Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a casino, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and comfortable beds.
Getting Around Turnhout
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Turnhout Station. Turnhout may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Turnhout
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 32°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 62°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- About 1.06 inches of rain falls on Turnhout each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 34°F