Visitors to Whaletown are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 34 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Gorge Harbour, BC (YGE), 1 mi (1.6 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Mansons Landing, BC (YMU), 3.6 mi (5.7 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Whaletown
Places to visit in the larger region include Rebecca Spit Marine Provincial Park, Main Lake Provincial Park, and Nuyumbalees Cultural Centre. You'll also find Discovery Pier and Campbell River Visitor Centre in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Whaletown, you might not find an accommodation in the heart of city, but you can select from 34 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Cortes Beachfront Home W/hot Tub & Kayak on 5 Wooded Acres is 1.2 mi (1.9 km) from the center of Whaletown. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star lodge in Campbell River can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Painter's Lodge is 10.7 mi (17.2 km) from central Whaletown. This 3-star hotel in Campbell River features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Anchor Inn And Suites is located 10.9 mi (17.6 km) from the heart of Whaletown. This 2.5-star hotel in Campbell River features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Whaletown
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 70°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Whaletown is 2.17 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 72°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 29°F