Travelers to Courtenay give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and relaxing spas. This city also attracts tourists with its coffeehouses, shopping, and gardens.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodations in Courtenay
- The closest major airport is in Comox, BC (YQQ-Comox Valley), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Campbell River, BC (YBL), 21.7 mi (34.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Courtenay
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Seal Bay Nature Park, Kitty Coleman Woodland Gardens, and Forbidden Plateau. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Courtenay and District Museum and Paleontology Centre and Courtenay and District Memorial Outdoor Pool.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Courtenay. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Old House Hotel & Spa - This 3.5-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and central location.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Comox Valley - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Crown Isle Resort and Golf Community - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
Dressing for Courtenay
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 32°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 32°F at night
- Courtenay gets about 1.81 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 71°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 32°F