Visiting Savary Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Savary Island has to offer including its beaches. There are 78 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Cortes Bay, BC (YCF-Cortes Island), 9.3 mi (14.9 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Desolation Sound, BC (YDS), 10.6 mi (17.1 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Savary Island
Places to visit in the larger region include Copeland Islands Marine Provincial Park, Okeover Arm Provincial Park, and Desolation Sound Marine Provincial Park. In the area, you'll also find Townsite Brewing and Kitty Coleman Woodland Gardens.
As you start planning your visit to Savary Island, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 16 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Warm Sunny Savary Island With White Sandy Beach is 1.1 mi (1.7 km) from central Savary Island. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Courtenay can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and central location.
- The Old House Hotel & Spa is 19.4 mi (31.2 km) from the center of Savary Island. This 2-star motel in Comox features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its central location and WiFi.
- Port Augusta Inn and Suites is located 19.2 mi (30.8 km) from the heart of Savary Island. Guests who stay at this 2-star motel in Courtenay can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
Dressing for Savary Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 32°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 32°F
- About 1.81 inches of rain falls on Savary Island each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 32°F