History buffs will enjoy exploring Woodstock, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Quaint and rural, this city attracts tourists with its riverfront and shopping. Top sights around the area include Killington Resort and Okemo Mountain Resort.
- You'll find 587 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Central Vermont- Killington
- The closest major airport is in Lebanon, NH (LEB-Lebanon Municipal), 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Springfield, VT (VSF-Hartness State), 19.5 mi (31.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Woodstock
The city's cultural venues include Dana House Museum and Billings Farm and Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Billings Park and Trail, Mount Tom Peak, and Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Woodstock Town Hall Theatre and Union Arena Community Center.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Woodstock. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Jackson House Inn - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable rooms.
- Applebutter Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to shopping at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Woodbridge Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Killington Resort, located 14.2 mi (22.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Okemo Mountain Resort, which is 18.4 mi (29.6 km) away.
Dressing for Woodstock
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 8°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 28°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 11°F
- Woodstock gets about 37.95 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 11°F