Those traveling to Zia are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. There are 346 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Kos (KGS-Kos Island Intl.), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Kalymnos (JKL-Kalymnos Island National), 16.7 mi (26.9 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Zia
Places to visit in the larger region include Castle Palaio Pyli, Tigaki Beach, and Igroviotopos Alikis. Additionally, you'll find Asclepeion and Antimachia Castle in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Zia, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 241 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Kos-zia-asfendiou-seaview Villa is 0.6 mi (0.9 km) from the city's heart. This 5-star hotel in Kos features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its beach locale and pool.
- Casa Cook Kos is located 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city center. This 5-star hotel in Iraklides features 3 outdoor pools, 3 restaurants, and free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Zia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 63°F and the nighttime average to be 43°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 64°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 47°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Zia is 0.87 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 45°F