ADVENTURES IN PARADISE 7:30AM MORNING KAYAK & SNORKEL - Capt Cook Monument
Cleaning and safety practices
- Paddle 30 minutes across the emerald green and cobalt blue waters of Kealakekua Bay. As you paddle below 600' high cliffs in stable two person kayaks, look for spinner dolphins that playfully leap and spin. Arrive at the calm waters of Ka'awaloa cove to snorkel and explore above coral gardens and colorful tropical fish on this tour of Kealakekua Bay. Splash in refreshing, crystal clear water and explore the underwater terrain for over an hour. Enjoy stepping on British soil as we visit famous Capt. Cook Monument, enjoying the unique experience of landing at the Capt. Cook Monument and Kealakekua Bay State Historic Park. Group sizes are capped at 12 people to ensure a personalized trip on this 3.5 hour adventure.
DELUXE MORNING KAYAK & SNORKEL 07:30
3.5 Hr Guided Kayak & Snorkel Tour to Kealakekua Bay & Captain Cook Monument. Includes kayak and snorkel gear, drinks/snacks.
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minumum Age 10, Maximum age 65.
- This is a challenging physical activity: no physical handicaps, no back problems, no pregnant paddlers, no heart problems, no medical conditions.
- No guests over 250 pounds
- If travelling with children one adult and one child per kayak: Adult must be able to paddle for themselves and child
- Adults must be able to paddle 30-40 minutes nonstop.
- All Paddlers must have sufficient strength to perform a “self-rescue” when they capsize. This requires performing a “from the water push-up” on the side of the kayak to reenter their kayak.
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Returns to original departure point
- Departure time: 7:30 AM
What you can expect
Join us on a 3.5 hour kayak and snorkel adventures starting at Napoopoo Pier at beautiful and historic Kealakekua Bay State Historical Park. We provide kayak gear and instruction and then help you launch your double kayak for the trip across the bay to our snorkeling spot at Awili Cove near the Captain Cook Monument. Along the way we oftentimes see Hawaiian Spinner Dolphins which we typically stop and watch with insights into their habitat and behavior. We provide exclusive state permits to land near the Captain Cook Monument which you will visit and snorkel from the pier. We provide snorkel gear and instruction and your guide will help you find the best spots to snorkel safely and see the myriad of tropical fish and coral gardens below. After snorkeling, we provide bottled water and snacks before heading back to our starting point. Join us for this popular and interesting adventure in paradise!
Paddlers age 10-65 are welcome, but be aware the paddle across the bay is 35 minutes of strenuous paddling & guides set a brisk pace. Kayakers frequently capsize & a significant physical effort is required to right the kayak and complete a push-up to reenter the kayak.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Gear and equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Masks required