Aito 4 Wheel-Drive Safari Half-Day Tour
- Tropical safari experience aboard a 4 wheel-drive vehicle
- Volcano's epic internal crater & island's diverse landscapes
- Visit to pineapple plantation & varied agricultural school
- Stunning views of Cook & Opunohu bays from Belvédère
- Maximum of 8 travelers in safari vehicle allows conversation
Aito 4Wd Safari
Live Commentary in English
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Children 1 and younger are not allowed.
- If you have motion sickness, vertigo, back problems, or excess weight you should carefully consider whether to participate.
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place.
- Maximum group size is 8 people.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- This activity is not available for people travelling on cruise ships.
- Hotel pick up and drop off is available to the following properties: Sofitel, Pearl, Hilton, InterContinental, Les Tipaniers, Hibiscus, Kaveka, Fenua Mata'i'oa, Green Lodge, Fare Vaihere, Te Fare Mihi, Fare Miti, and Linareva.
- You will receive confirmation of your exact tour departure time when you call to confirm your reservation.
What you can expect
Board a 4-wheel-drive safari vehicle to go exploring the island of Moorea. Spot incredible views of the ocean from scenic outcroppings, explore the inside of the volcano's internal crater, and see the tremendous diversity of agriculture produced on the island.
Get in an open 4-wheel-drive safari truck and take a pleasant drive in the morning air. Your friendly and knowledgeable guide talks about the history and ecology of the island's many diverse sights. The open nature of the vehicle allows for easy conversation, and the mostly paved roads make for a pleasant driving experience.
Explore inside the volcano that created Moorea, spotting incredible landscapes along the way. Visit a pineapple plantation, and then the Lycée Agricole (agricultural school), the home of huge vanilla, banana, grapefruit, and lemon plantations. Afterward, visit an ancient marae before driving to the Belvédère for stunning views of Cook and Opunohu bays. On the way, taste fruit juices produced by the boutique Manutea distillery, which is not typically open to the public.
Finally, drive up to the Magic Mountain, accessible only by following a narrow path lined with fruit trees. Once at the summit, take in one of the most amazing views on the island.
- Moorea (Hotel Pickup)