Aurora / Northern Lights Lodge Tour
Cleaning and safety practices
- Northern Lights tour with a professional photographer guide
- Modern lodge in the Alaskan wild far from light pollution
- Perfect indoor & outdoor photo opportunities
- Clean indoor bathrooms & large selection of snacks
- Roundtrip transportation included for hassle-free memories
Northern Lights Tour
Hot / Cold drinks and snacks provided Camera set up and Photography instruction included. Warm lodge with clean indoor bathrooms. Transportation from all area hotels included.
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- At least 4 people are required for this activity to take place.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- If you do not have a camera, Canon SLRs are available to rent for US $50, payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the activity. Please notify the tour operator that you would like to rent a camera when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Pickup is available from hotels in Fairbanks and North Pole. You will be able to arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Pick up time will be 9pm
What you can expect
Head to a family-owned lodge to watch the Northern Lights from the comfort of both indoor and outdoor viewing areas. Thanks to its distance from cities, the property is free of crowds and light pollution, giving you the perfect opportunity to photograph this atmospheric wonder.
Your adventurous evening begins when you are picked up from your Fairbanks or North Pole hotel and driven to a lodge set on a pristine expanse of Alaskan wilderness. Step into the building to warm up with coffee, hot chocolate, or tea, and then meet a professional photographer guide who can help you set up your camera to take the best possible picture of the swirling lights. You also hear stories about surviving in this rugged landscape as well as see handmade artwork and wildlife display.
As the green, yellow, and magenta lights begin to dance across the dark Arctic sky, ask your guide for any additional tips to set the perfect aperture to catch the Aurora. You are welcome to stay inside to view the show from the warmth of the lodge, or you can venture outside to snap unobstructed photos of this incredible natural phenomenon. No matter where you set up your gear, there's a knowledgeable photographer to help you find that perfect picture, and there are also plenty of snacks and beverages to keep you going. End the night with some final glimpses of the Northern Lights before getting a ride back to your hotel.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travelers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Temperature checks available
- Masks and gloves provided
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Individually wrapped food options available