Best of Bohemian Saxon Switzerland from Prague- Hiking Tour
Cleaning and safety practices
- Admire the glorious Bastei Bridge
- See the Pravcicka Gate and other unique sandstone formations
- Enjoy the purity of the Kamenice Gorge
- Experience the Elbe Canyon
- Visit the Narnia filming sites
Best of Bohemian & Saxon Switzerland from Prague
Live Commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options are available upon request. Please advise of any dietary requirements when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or those using a wheelchair
- At least 2 people are required for this product to take place. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Children must be accompanied by a paying adult
What you can expect
Our 'best of' tour offers an unprecedented opportunity to visit the 3 most popular highlights of Bohemian Saxon Switzerland in 1 day: the Bastei Bridge, the Pravcicka Gate and the Kamenice Gorges.
The tour begins by picking you up at your Prague hotel, accomodation or elsewhere in Prague. Our comfortable vehicle will then transport you to the German part of the National Park. The snacks and beverages along the way in combination with an informative description of the passing landmarks will make the journey over in no time.
Our first destination is the magnificent Bastei Bridge (Saxon Switzerland, Germany). The breathtaking view of the Elbe River Canyon, high above which the Bridge perches, will be engraved into your memory forever. Watching the sunrise above the unique sandstone pinnacles is a priceless experience. This easy scenic walk is finished by an excursion of the medieval castle ruins of Felsenburg Neurathen (13th cent.), located at the other end of the Bastei Bridge.
The following journey takes us over the border to the Bohemian (Czech) part of the National Park. The 2km hike navigates us to the Pravcicka Gate. Approaching it from below, you will perceive the majesty with which it stands at the top of the surrounding landscape. It is the symbol of the Bohemian Switzerland National Park and you will know why, once you see it.
Sight distance from the Pravcicka Gate is our traditional Czech restaurant. A rich 'a la carte' lunch will be an appreciated reward. Both traditional Czech and international dishes are served (vegetarian options available). Our final trip begins at the restaurant's doorstep. A descending hike unravels the beauty of the Kamenice River Gorge. Its moderate rainforest climate is so refreshing. The river along which you stroll is wild at first, but as you approach the boat cruise section, it calms down completely. The mystical dinghy boat cruise is the closing element of this impression-rich day tour. You will have seen the 'best of' the Bohemian & Saxon Switzerland National Parks!!!
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff