Chance to explore Bologna's food culture with a guide
Delicious food & wine samples from 5 authentic eataries
Inside tips & fun facts about the city's rich food culture
Chance to see real sfoglina freshly preparing your pasta
Personalized experience that reveals the city's character
About this activity
What's included, what's not
Guided tour of Bologna and its oldest food market
Visit to 5 food shops with 5 food and wine tastings
Live tour commentary provided in English
Recipe digital book souvenir gift
What you can expect
This 3.5-hour walking food tour offers five mouth-watering tastings. While exploring wide and narrow alleys in the maze of the Bologna Medieval Market, you will literally taste Bologna’s essence, touring five hidden food gems that we have carefully selected to give you an authentic local experience. The tour is led by an expert local host, that will unveil ancient secrets and stories that will give insights of Bologna’s traditions and culture.
In order to let you taste Bologna like a local, we will take you to:
- A fresh pasta workshop, where you will have the chance to see veteran pasta artisans at work!
- Bologna’s most ancient deli store, where you will taste a special selection of cured meats and cheeses: Parmigiano Reggiano with Balsamic Vinegar, Mortadella, Salame di Felino, Caciotta, Prosciutto di Parma; all with typical breads and local wines.
- A pasta shop to sit down and chill with a glass of local wine and a dish of fresh, hand-made pasta: tagliatelle al ragù, tortellini or tortelloni at your choice!
- A traditional ice-cream shop to sample delicious, artisanal gelato!
- The oldest bakery in town, to taste their delightful “torta di riso” (rice cake)