Boston to Martha's Vineyard with Optional Island Tour
Cleaning and safety practices
- Convenient & hassle-free transportation to Martha's Vineyard
- Picturesque ferry ride to Oak Bluffs or Vineyard Haven
- 6 hours of free time to explore the island at your leisure
- Fishing villages, lighthouses, quaint boutiques & galleries
- Option to take a fully narrated 3 hour island tour
Day Trip with Island Tour
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Children 17 and younger must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Children weighing less than 40 pounds (18 kg) or aged 4 or younger must ride in a child seat. Children between the ages of 5 and 8 who weigh between 40 and 49 pounds (18–22 kg) must ride in a booster seat. Child and booster seats are available for additional fee.
- The ferry departs Falmouth at 9 AM, and departs Martha's Vineyard at 3:45 PM. Ferry times and locations may vary; please check before you go.
- At the time of booking, you must designate the hotel name for pickup (select from the available hotels mentioned in the description).
- Hotel pickup is between 6:15 AM and 6:45 AM. You will receive confirmation of your exact pick-up time when you call to reconfirm your reservation at least 72 hours prior to your tour. Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
What you can expect
Join us on Boston's “ORIGINAL” Martha's Vineyard day trip. Spend a day exploring the quaint fishing towns, coastal scenes, and world-class shops and eateries of Martha’s Vineyard. Hassle-free roundtrip transportation and an easy ferry ride across the water make this the perfect way to experience a day on the island.
A comfortable mini-coach picks you up from approved Boston hotels for the scenic, 90-minute drive to Falmouth. Arrive at the docks and skip the line onto the ferry, either the Island Queen or a boat run by the Steamship Authority depending on the time of year. Grab a drink or snack if you’d like and settle in for the 35-minute ride out to Martha’s Vineyard, located just 7 miles (11 km) off the coast.
With a full 6 hours on the island, you can soak up its rural sights and abundant New England charm at your leisure. Shop the boutiques and galleries in one of the island’s 6 towns, admire the gingerbread cottages and resort homes along the shore, or head to the beach to dig your toes into the sand. You can delve into maritime history at a museum, trek to lighthouses perched on rugged clay cliffs, or rent a bike or moped to zip between attractions. A three hour narrated island tour with an experienced island tour guide is also a great option that you can choose at the time of booking. When the afternoon draws to a close, head back to the docks for your return ferry to the mainland, where your bus awaits to take you back to Boston by early evening.
Hotel pickup is available only at the following hotels: Boston Harbor Hotel, Colonnade, Custom House, Doubletree Downtown/Washington St., Fairmont Copley Plaza, Hampton Inn & Suites/Crosstown Center, Hilton Back Bay, Hilton Downtown Financial District, Hyatt Regency Boston, Hotel 140, Intercontinental, Lenox, Liberty, Loews, Marriott Copley Place, Marriott Long Wharf, Millennium Boston, Omni Parker House, Park Plaza, Renaissance, Revere Hotel, Seaport, Sheraton, W Hotel, Westin Waterfront, & Wyndham Beacon Hill.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travelers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Masks required
- Masks provided
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Individually wrapped food options available